STAP Career Opportunities
Please contact Mike McDougall at 503-886-8970, firstname.lastname@example.org to place a Job opening here.
Associate Trader, Derivatives
Business Unit: Investment Division
Every day, we seek to improve financial security for people. Joining our Derivatives Trading team means you will be a part of a passionate and supportive team that believes what we do matters to our clients and investors. As a Trader at Russell Investments, you will have a specific derivatives focus that will encompass a range of products in fixed income, equities and commodities. Instruments traded include swaps (OTC and cleared), listed futures, listed and OTC equity options. The associate will be part of a team developing and researching customized portfolio overlays and hedging strategies. The position will also have significant trade execution responsibility across Russell funds, third party clients and transition management clients. A successful candidate will be extremely detail oriented. An understanding of a wider set of financial products – including the interaction of equity derivatives with rates, fx and commodities is essential given the diverse nature of Russell’s client base. This position will interact with other trading desks, portfolio managers, implementation portfolio managers, Street side coverage, quant staff, IT and external clients. Ability to work well in a team and strong communication skills are imperative. This position calls for a highly organized, conscientious individual with strong analytical, quantitative, collaborative and communication skills. Traditionally, the team starts their day around 5:45 am. As the trading desk liaises with other international offices and is involved in global trading and portfolio management events, flexibility with working hours is expected and required. Knowledge of CRD and Bloomberg is a plus.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Trade Execution across equity derivatives including equity index future and options (listed and OTC), fixed income and commodity futures, and other bilateral non-FX OTC derivatives.
- Implementation of improvements in trading team processes – trading best practices, portfolio analysis and performance reporting. Willingness to partner with Legal, Compliance, Risk, Operations to facilitate smooth workflows.
- Serve as subject matter expert for derivative implementation discussions with internal and external clients. Ability to identify, advocate and articulate a path towards obtaining client desired exposures.
- Prepare roll reports and other performance related materials. Meet with PMs to discuss results. Create and maintain derivative baskets for benchmark replication. Reporting, guideline development and risk management of trading positions.
- Assist IT teams with feedback for process improvement and efficiency gains.
- Conduct pre-and post-trade analytics, structure trades, liquidity analysis, TCA.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Bachelors degree in finance, mathematics or economics
- 1 – 3 years of work experience in a related field
- Programming skills in VBA, R, C#, SQL
- Equity derivatives (OTC and listed) and equity options knowledge
- Bloomberg knowledge
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work in team within a time sensitive environment
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task