STAP Career Opportunities
Please contact Mike McDougall at 503-886-8970, firstname.lastname@example.org to place a Job opening here.
About Ferguson Wellman and West Bearing
Founded in 1975, Ferguson Wellman Capital Management is a privately-owned registered investment advisory firm established in the Pacific Northwest. The firm manages over $5.18 billion for 863 clients that include individuals and families; Taft-Hartley and corporate retirement plans; and endowments and foundations with portfolios of $3 million or more. West Bearing Investments, a division of Ferguson Wellman, serves clients with assets starting at $750,000 (data as of March 31, 2020).
This position has a primary responsibility of trading equities across a variety of individually managed taxable, tax-exempt, individual, and institutional accounts. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, have excellent communication skills and be an enthusiastic and integral member of our Trading team.
- Trade equities across multiple asset classes and geographies
- Work closely with internal portfolio managers to invest cash and rebalance portfolios
- Establish relationships with external traders to facilitate execution
- Monitor account-specific portfolio characteristics and restrictions including cash levels and tax gains/losses
- Assist both internal and external client requests
- Learn post-trade workflows to facilitate efficient trade settlement
- Two years of equity trading or other capital markets experience. Experience trading non-U.S. markets and fixed income appreciated
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, mathematics or related combination of education and experience
- Exceptional computer skills including advanced proficiency with Excel. Familiarity with trade order management systems (Moxy, EZE), portfolio accounting systems (Black Diamond, Axys, APX) and financial analytics platforms (FactSet, Bloomberg) preferred
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Perform special projects or other duties as necessary to support the Trading department and the firm
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and annual company bonus. Salary range to be consistent with experience and potential
- The position includes but is not limited to the following benefits: health insurance, life and disability insurance, profit-sharing plan, paid vacation days in addition to stock market closure days
Ferguson Wellman recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
About Russell Investments
Russell Investments is a leading global investment firm providing tailored solutions and services to institutions and individuals through financial intermediaries. Russell Investments is dedicated to improving people’s financial security, leveraging an 83-year client-centric heritage rooted in investment innovation. The firm is the fourth largest adviser in the world with US$307.4 billion in assets under management (as of 12/31/2019) and US$2.4 trillion in assets under advisement (as of 6/30/2019) for clients in 32 countries.
We are looking to add an Associate Trader/Trader to our growing Currency Trading team. This position will be an integral team member of an established group that offers a variety of currency overlay and currency trading services to plan sponsors, investment managers and Russell’s funds. This individual will be directly involved in establishing, directing and implementing currency trading strategies. Responsibilities will include trading, transaction cost analysis, new client development and set-up, client service and systems development.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Trading: Execute/negotiate foreign exchange transactions (spots, forwards, options).
- New client set-up: Work closely with internal resources (including operations, legal/compliance and portfolio managers) to establish new accounts.
- Client service: Serve as primary contact for a subset of clients. Monitor and evaluate trading results. Report results to clients, answer client questions, and assist in the identification of additional business opportunities.
- Systems Development: Work with internal and external developers to design, develop and test tools to automate manual functions and improve risk controls.
- Transaction Cost Analysis: Work closely with other team members on FX TCA projects.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Mathematics. MBA/CFA or progress toward desired.
- 2-5 years of relevant foreign exchange experience.
- Knowledge of electronic execution platforms and trading systems
- Knowledge of trading costs and settlement practices.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Technology skills, including strong proficiency with excel and comfort with database applications.
- Proven client service abilities.
- Analytical, detail-oriented and very precise with numbers with a strong attention to detail.
- Composure to perform well under pressure and make rapid decisions.
- Flexible and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unstructured environment.