STAP Career Opportunities
Please contact Mike McDougall at 503-886-8970, firstname.lastname@example.org to place a Job opening here.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. All inquiries will be strictly confidential.
Becker Capital Management, Inc. is seeking a Research Associate to join our growing investment team.
The Research Associate will support the manager research and macro market research efforts across traditional, alternative and Impact/ESG asset class verticals. The Research Associate will work alongside the Investment Team to conduct qualitative and quantitative research, evaluating investment managers as well as the current market environment.
Responsibilities will include participation in quarterly diligence meetings with managers, ongoing vetting of investment opportunities, presenting summary findings/ recommendations to the Investment Committee and, when appropriate, directly to clients. The Research Associate will also be involved with asset allocation studies and analysis.
The successful candidate will demonstrate entrepreneurship, collaboration, initiative, and an inquisitive intellect.
- Four-year college degree required.
- 1-4 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstratable track record of self-starting and problem solving are essential.
- Knowledge of and passion for financial markets, portfolio theory and analysis, economics, statistics, and financial analysis.
- Strong math, analytical and research skills are mandatory.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally to both internal and external audiences.
- Focus and attention to detail on projects with a high level of accuracy.
- Commitment to completing projects on deadline, seeking efficiency and a polished output.
- Progression or interest in achieving an advanced degree or CFA designation preferred.
- Working knowledge of various information technology interfaces and coding background: Advanced Excel skills, R, Python, SQL etc.
Becker Capital Management, Inc. is an employee-owned, boutique investment adviser. Since 1976, the firm has employed a consistent investment philosophy to provide comprehensive services to high-net-worth individuals, families, endowments and foundations. Becker Capital provides a competitive salary and benefit package, including health care insurance, parking and a corporate profit sharing plan.
Becker Capital is passionate about creating an inclusive environment that values each employee’s unique differences. Applications are strongly encouraged from candidates reflecting diverse educational, cultural and experiential backgrounds.
Becker Capital is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit, hire, promote, and pay wages without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by law.
Associate Trader, Derivatives
Specific derivatives focus will encompass a range of products in equities, bonds, and commodity derivatives. Instruments to be traded include swaps (bilateral OTC and cleared), listed futures, listed and OTC equity options. The associate will be part of a team developing and researching customized portfolio overlays and hedging strategies. The position will have significant trade execution responsibility across Russell Investments funds, third party pension plan clients and transition management clients. A successful candidate will be extremely detail oriented. An understanding of a wide set of financial products – including the interaction of equity derivatives with rates, FX and commodities is essential given the nature of Russell Investments’ client base. This position will interact with other trading desks (including, equity securities, fixed income securities and FX), portfolio managers and implementation portfolio managers, operations teams, Street side coverage, quant staff, IT, and external clients. Ability to work well in a team and strong communication skills are imperative. This position calls for a highly organized conscientious individual with strong analytical, quantitative, collaborative and communication skills. Traditionally, the day starts around 5:30 am. As the trading desk liaises with other international offices and is involved in global trading and portfolio management events, flexibility with working hours is expected and required. Knowledge of Bloomberg is a plus.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Trade execution across derivatives including listed futures – equity index, fixed income, and commodities. Other instruments in scope are listed and bilateral OTC equity index and fixed income options and swaps.
- Prepare regular reporting surrounding volumes, roll analysis and color, as well as performance related reporting. Create and maintain benchmark replication strategies. Other reporting as needed by Risk and Compliance as well as investment guideline development and portfolio onboarding information.
- Assist the team and IT with feedback for process improvement.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor’s degree required in finance, mathematics, or economics
- Work experience in a related field
- Programming skills in VBA, R, C#, SQL
- Derivatives knowledge
- Bloomberg familiarity
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Detail Oriented with a healthy appreciation of risk
- Ability to effectively communication in a team environment
- Strong written and interpersonal skills
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. All inquiries will be strictly confidential.
Becker Capital Management, Inc. is seeking an Equity Trader to join our growing investment team.
The Equity Trader will be responsible for trading securities in separately managed accounts, our mutual fund and model portfolios utilizing the Eze order management platform and Bloomberg EMSX. Additionally, they will be responsible for performance and risk measurement for these portfolios. The Equity Trader will also be responsible for ensuring current technology and processes are maintained as well as continually advancing the efficiency of these processes over time. They will report to the firm’s Chief Investment Officer.
Becker Capital Management’s Equity Trader will be required to have in depth and practical knowledge of market dynamics and trading mechanics. We are seeking an individual that has familiarity with these trading functions and the technological expertise to execute the trading function quickly and efficiently. The successful candidate should be well-aware of the key responsibilities that need to be handled by an Equity Trader which include but are not limited to the following:
- To study and analyze the condition of the market and macro conditions that effect share prices.
- To buy and sell the securities as directed by portfolio managers. • To develop and maintain processes that improve collaboration, execution, efficiency and minimize risk.
- To support risk analysis by our investment team, make appropriate decisions and prepare the relevant reports as needed across the organization, including best execution reports.
- To constantly monitor and review the transactions to verify the accuracy and ensure that they conform with the rules and regulations.
The Equity Trader should have strong analytical ability, high attention to detail, and an understanding of the market trends along with the implementation of technology to support the role. The successful candidate should be a creative thinker and should be able to make good decisions under pressure while also considering risk factors. Our new team member should be a self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit. The most important skills for this position are a strong interest in the financial markets, a passion to trade and strong technological skills.
- Bachelor’s degree. Quantitative, Finance or Economics background preferred
- Familiarity with and exposure to securities trading and settlement processes
- Knowledge of trading related platforms
- Technological expertise, including high proficiency in Excel
- Proven ability to work autonomously and demonstrated self-starter Preferable requirements:
- Eze OMS experience
- Bloomberg EMSX experience
- Experience with Tamarac portfolio accounting system
- Working experience with:
- Axioma, or similar quantitative risk analysis software
- Python, SQL, VBA and/or R
Becker Capital Management, Inc. is an employee-owned, boutique investment adviser. Since 1976, the firm has employed a consistent investment philosophy to provide comprehensive services to high-net-worth individuals, families, endowments, and foundations. Becker Capital provides a competitive salary and benefit package, including health care insurance, parking, and a corporate profit-sharing plan.
Becker Capital is passionate about creating an inclusive environment that values each employee’s unique differences. Applications are strongly encouraged from candidates reflecting diverse educational, cultural, and experiential backgrounds. Becker Capital is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit, hire, promote, and pay wages without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by law.