STAP Career Opportunities
Please contact Mike McDougall at 503-886-8970, firstname.lastname@example.org to place an Job opening here.
JOB TITLE: Equity Trading Associate
COMPANY: Founded in 1975, Ferguson Wellman Capital Management is a privately-owned investment advisory firm established in the Pacific Northwest. With nearly 800 clients, Ferguson Wellman manages $4.5 billion in assets that comprise portfolios for individuals and families, union and corporate retirement plans, and endowments and foundations. Our minimum is $3 million. In 2013, we founded West Bearing Investments, a division of Ferguson Wellman, that utilizes the investment principles, structure, and expertise of Ferguson Wellman. West Bearing serves clients starting at $750,000. Ferguson Wellman is an independent, employee-owned firm solely dedicated to investment and wealth management.
POSITION SUMMARY: This is an entry-to-mid-level Equity Trader position, responsible for trading equities, both block and baskets. In addition, this individual will have duties such as portfolio rebalancing, analysis, providing current market information and supporting portfolio managers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Trade equities
• Work with company portfolio managers to invest cash and rebalance portfolios
• Establish relationships with external traders to facilitate execution
• Continue desk goals to build strong portfolio manager and brokerage relationships
• Troubleshoot issues with internal and external parties to facilitate resolutions
• Document procedures and seek process improvement
• Assist with client requests both internal and external
• Learn and backup settlements process
• Detailed-oriented, focused and able to balance multiple tasks and strict deadlines
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance or applicable combination of education and experience
• Exceptional computer skills to perform essential functions listed above, most notably Excel spreadsheets
• Willingness to handle routine tasks
• Ability to work in a team environment, to adapt to frequent task changes and work with various personalities smoothly
• Fundamental understanding of financial industry (equities, bonds, asset allocation, etc.)
• 2-5 years of experience in financial industry preferred but not required
• Experience using Advent products, FactSet, Bloomberg
Ferguson Wellman is offering the right person a competitive salary commensurate with experience, exceptional benefits and a profit-sharing plan.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.